Northern New York Newspapers
NNY Business
NNY Living
Thu., Oct. 8
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Update: Massena-area man jailed on vehicular assault charge; two passengers transferred to Burlington


MASSENA - A 28-year-old Massena-area man is in custody this morning after an early morning serious personal injury on Sycamore Street in the village of Massena.

Massena Village Police charged Bradley A. Premo of 2155 County Route 38, Norfolk, with vehicular assault following the accident at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday. He was also charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless driving and ticketed for speed not reasonable and prudent and an open container violation. Police said blood alcohol content results were not available. Blood was taken at Massena Memorial Hospital.

Court documents indicate Premo left Charlie’s Tavern at a high rate of speed in a 2003 Ford Mustang after being asked to leave the bar at approximately 12:55 a.m. Wednesday and slammed into a utility pole on Sycamore Street moments later

Police said four passengers in Premo’s vehicle were transported to Massena Memorial Hospital for treatment following the crash.

Keith Benedict, 28, of 2 Riverview St., Massena, was treated for head lacerations and released.

Donna Doman, 21, of 68 East Orvis St., Massena; Rhonda Fanning, 24, also of 68 East Orvis St., Massena; and Gina McGregor, 23, of 228 Highland Road, Apt. 1, Massena; remain hospitalized.

Police said two of the women were transported to the Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, Vt., with serious injuries - one with a reported broken neck and the other with a broken pelvis and a fractured femur. The third woman was being treated at Massena Memorial Hospital for facial fractures.

Premo was arraigned by Massena Village Justice Eric J. Gustafson and sent to the St. Lawrence County Correctional Facility with bail set at $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond. The state Division of Parole and Community Supervision also lodged a parole hold on Premo.

The Massena-area man had been sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison for a second-degree attempted arson conviction. He entered state prison on Sept. 20, 2007 and was released to parole under community supewrvision on July 30, 2010. He remains under post-release supervision until July 30, 2015.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter