Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sat., Oct. 25
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Dryer fire causes smoke, water damage

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

LOWVILLE — The home of Jerry Walters, 7211 Route 812, suffered smoke and water damage Monday after a lint buildup in the back of a dryer caused a fire that spread to the walls of the room the appliance was in.

Heavy smoke spread throughout the trailer, but there was little structural damage, according to a news release from the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department. No injuries were reported.

The Lowville Fire Department, Lewis County Search and Rescue and Lewis County Sheriff’s Department assisted on scene. New Bremen and Martinsburg fire departments offered mutual aid.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter