Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Ads
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Thu., Apr. 17
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Dryer fire causes smoke, water damage

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

LOWVILLE — The home of Jerry Walters, 7211 Route 812, suffered smoke and water damage Monday after a lint buildup in the back of a dryer caused a fire that spread to the walls of the room the appliance was in.

Heavy smoke spread throughout the trailer, but there was little structural damage, according to a news release from the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department. No injuries were reported.

The Lowville Fire Department, Lewis County Search and Rescue and Lewis County Sheriff’s Department assisted on scene. New Bremen and Martinsburg fire departments offered mutual aid.

Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter
Reader Rewards
Reader Rewards