Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Wed., Nov. 26
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Fire doused at LaFargeville

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

LAFARGEVILLE — A woman awoke early Wednesday in time to discover that something was burning in the undercarriage of her mobile home, averting a possible disaster, according to a Jefferson County fire investigator.

There were no smoke alarms in the uninsured structure occupied by Amy L. Rhone and her four children, said Roger E. Brunet, the investigator.

LaFargeville, Clayton and Depauville firefighters responded to the 1:50 a.m. call and doused an electrical fire that left smoke damage in the residence, owned by the Rhones. Water from a water heater leak had gotten into wiring, sparking the blaze, Mr. Brunet said.

Mrs. Rhone, whose husband, Bernard, was at work, awakened her sons, Dylan, 19, Shane, 16, and Chad, 14, and daughter, Heather, 17, to make a safe family escape.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter