Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Ads
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Thu., Apr. 24
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Extension cord sparks smoke at SUNY Potsdam’s Stowell Hall

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

POTSDAM — Firefighters were called to SUNY Potsdam campus Thursday evening after smoke was detected in Stowell Hall, a classroom building housing biology and chemistry departments.

An extension cord began to emit smoke after shorting-out in a room used to house snakes and turtles.

No animals or people were harmed in the incident, according to Vicki Templeton-Cornell, vice president for college advancement.

“Probably the only thing that was damaged was the extension cord,” she said.

Departments in Potsdam and West Stockholm responded to the call.

Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter
Reader Rewards
Reader Rewards
Publication Supplements