Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Thu., Dec. 18
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York

Extension cord sparks smoke at SUNY Potsdam’s Stowell Hall

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

POTSDAM — Firefighters were called to SUNY Potsdam campus Thursday evening after smoke was detected in Stowell Hall, a classroom building housing biology and chemistry departments.

An extension cord began to emit smoke after shorting-out in a room used to house snakes and turtles.

No animals or people were harmed in the incident, according to Vicki Templeton-Cornell, vice president for college advancement.

“Probably the only thing that was damaged was the extension cord,” she said.

Departments in Potsdam and West Stockholm responded to the call.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter