Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Fri., Apr. 25
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York
Related Stories

Woodstove blamed in fire that destroyed Parishville home

print this article
e-mail this article

PARISHVILLE — An overheated woodstove sparked a blaze that destroyed a Parishville home Monday morning, leaving seven people homeless, St. Lawrence County fire investigators said.

Two adults and five children lived at 246 County Route 56, which was owned by Neil F. Richards. There were no injuries.

The blaze was reported at 10:38 a.m., with Parishville fire crews on the scene until after 3 p.m. Nicholville, Potsdam and Hopkinton provided mutual aid.

The home, which was not insured, was declared a total loss in what investigators ruled an accidental blaze.

The Red Cross was summoned to assist the family.

Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter
Reader Rewards
Reader Rewards
Publication Supplements