Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Wed., Dec. 17
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the communities of Massena and Potsdam, New York

Firefighters save chickens after shed catches fire

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

For a family in Ogdensburg Tuesday night, the Morristown Fire Department arrived in time to save chickens from a shed fire.

According to a press release from the Morristown Fire Department, when firefighters got to a shed fire at a house at 254 Haggert Road just after 8:30 p.m., they rescued several chickens that were two feet away from the burning shed.

By the time fire crews arrived at the home, flames had engulfed the 10-by-20 foot storage building. The shed was a total loss, according to the news release.

Water sprayed on the north side of the building kept the chickens cool, firefighters said.

Fire investigators from St. Lawrence County Cause and Origin Team are still looking into the cause of the fire. No one – man or chicken – was hurt in the fire.

Owner Mike Lipinsky said that his father used the building as a shop and was in the building earlier that day. The building was insured.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
DCO on FacebookWDT on Twitter