OCCS BOARD - The above photo, submitted by Wayne Ladouceur of Ogdensburg, shows the first elected school board for Ogdensburg Catholic Central School in 1974. OCCS was formed through the consolidation of two Catholic elementary schools in the city: Bishop Conroy Memorial School and Notre Dame School. Seated from left are Wayne Ladouceur, St. Marys Cathedral assistant Father Daniel Chapin, Bishop Controy Principal Sister Theresa Geoghan, board President Edward (Ned) Hackett, Treasurer Michael Marek, and The Rev. Msgr. Robert Giroux, pastor of Notre Dame Church. Standing from left are Thomas P. Luckie Sr., John Kelly, Joseph Keenan, board Vice President Robert Leroux, The Rev. Myron Hawkins, Sister Rita Frances, and The Rev. John Pendergast, pastor of St. Marys. Other board members who were not present for the photo were Ellen Ann Missert, John Farrand and Charles Kelly. The citys Catholic elementary school program continued to be overseen by Notre Dame and St. Marys parishes, and OCCS later became St. Marguerite DYouville Academy. Due to declining enrollment and struggling finances, SMDA will close at the end of the school year, ending the era of full-time primary Catholic education in Ogdensburg. If you have a photo for Glance At The Past, please contact Advance-News Editor Elizabeth Lyons at 393-1003, extension 102, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos and accompanying information will be published in the order in which they are received, and must be received by Monday to be considered for publication the following Sunday. Contributors may pick up their submissions at The Journal and Advance-News office, 230 Caroline St., Ogdensburg, after they are published.